Villa Canto del Mare is a particularly charming Sicilyn holiday villa built directly by the sea, with a magnificent garden and fantastic sea view terraces, on the stretch of coast right between the towns of Balestrate and Terrasini, close to the village of Trappeto. The self catering villa has been built into the surrounding landscape, following it’s contours and is divided into three independent levels of which one is set at a higher point to the others, at a short distance to the others. The terraces offer a great view of the sea and of West Sicily and plenty of outdoor space for all sorts of activities with the sun terrace or the roofed terrace providing shade and the outdoor kitchen with large dinging table for ‘Al Fresco’ dining. Following the large stone paved area to the entrance you become aware of the great contrasts between the green vegetation, the flowers and the intense blue of the sea.
Villa Canto del Mare has been tastefully furnished and the rooms are cosy and comfortable, each with a superb view of the sea and the gulf. There are 4 different terraces all of which are facing the sea. There is a path through the garden that leads you to the sea, where you have direct access. Villa Canto del Mare can accommodate up to 10 guests still feeling private and is one of the few houses in the province of Palermo that accommodates this many guests and also offers sea access a few steps from your rooms, jumping into the water at sunset followed by a lovely dinner or aperitifs on one of the terraces, is an experience not to be missed!
The nearest town to Villa Canto del Mare is Trappeto which is where you can find shops and amenities as well as a long sandy beach that stretches for miles. Trappeto is an ancient fishing village where the traditional Sicilyn atmosphere has been preserved and one can enjoy eating out at the lovely restaurants offering a selection of local fish and wines.
Nearby places that are worth visiting are Balestrate (8km) with a long sandy beach, Scopello and it's surrondings (33km), the tonnara di Scopello and Zingaro Nature Reserve, and Terrasini (9km), a town well known for its pebble beaches and cliffs, a gorgeous coastline and good restaurants with outdoor terraces. Citta del Mare Resort is a holiday complex near Terrasini with a luxurious park where guests may enjoy numerous facilities and entertainment. For example the ‘Scuba School International’ which was established here in 1978 and is run by the instructor Funnar Steinke and his friendly staff ideal for those who wish to learn how to scuba dive. The dazzling dive-sites are reachable in less than 20 minutes, drop offs, grottoes, shore-dives, offshore-dives. In addition you can also experience fantastic night and cave dives with the team.
Daytrips to Palermo are an ideal way of combining your sea and sun holidays and with the history and architecture of this amazing historical city. Palermo offers so much in terms of sights it is best to research the place a little and make up one’s mind of what one would like to see. We are glad to help you with a list of sights of interest in Palermo.
Highs: Direct access to the sea, panoramic view, utter privacy, central position
Interior of the main accommodation of the villa
- 2 level villa
- air conditioned living/dining room (opening onto a large terrace with pergola) with television, DVD player, hifi and sofabed
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (all the bedrooms main and lower floor have sea views)
- alarm system
- utility room with washing machine
- The main floor and the lower floor are only accessible from the outside.
Kitchen of the main accommodation
- kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster and juicer
Bedrooms and bathrooms of the main accommodation
- 3 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with double bed
- air-conditioned bedroom with 2 single beds (french beds)
- air-conditioned bedroom with single bed
- bathroom with double washbasin, shower, bidet, toilet and hairdryer
- 2 bathrooms each with single washbasin, shower, bidet, toilet and hairdryer
Living, kitchens, bed and bathrooms of the annex
- air-conditioned bedroom with double bed
- air-conditioned bedroom with 2 single beds
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, bidet and toilet
Exterior of the villa
- private pool measuring 5m x 2m
- 3 covered terraces
- panoramic terraces set at different levels /terraced area in the garden
- barbecue - Charcoal BBQ
- outdoor shower
- outside sitting area and outside dining area (with brickwork table -12 seats)
- Extensive Mediterranean garden
- nearest town: Trappeto 4 km,Terrasini-Balestrate-Partinico 8/10 km
- direct access to the rocky beach below
- nearest airport: Palermo 25 km
- second nearest airport: Trapani 70 km
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Features and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- children bed/cot (on demand)
Features and services at extra charge
- bed linen and towels
- maid service, cook service, laundry service and babysit service
- central heating
- extra bed (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Balestrate, Sicily
- water park / Città del Mare Resort (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- diving and water sports (within 10 kilometers of the villa)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 500,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Villa Canto Del Mare in Balestrate-Terrasini are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated.