Villa Talia offers a perfect mix of sea and mountain views and a fresh, modern design inside, making it an exceptional holiday home for small groups or couples. The Sicilian architect, Sandro Giacomarra, rightly designed the villa taking full advantage of the incredible sea view. The result is a sea view from almost every room and outdoor space. Upon entering the villa, one passes through the shaded areas of the outdoor dining area and kitchen. The large terrace, paved with restored African wooden railway sleepers, stretches the length of the house. The small pool, sofa and deck chairs offer plenty of opportunities to relax. The shaded dining area is located next to the lawn and conveniently outside the indoor kitchen. The outdoor kitchen is equipped with a hob and sink, a lovely place for lazy lunches cooked on the barbecue or in the wood-burning oven with the enchanting sea view. Please note that the discreet owner of Villa Talia has a small wooden house about 15 m from the villa where he stays at weekends in order to be available on arrival and departure and for any other needs. The pool is not visible from his house but the access road is shared. The road from the gate to the villa is sloping and narrow, you may need to reverse to allow another car to pass. Shops and restaurants are within easy reach by car or an invigorating walk in the coastal village of Sant'Ambrogio, while the delights of the town of Cefalù are a short drive from the villa.
A modern colour palette in shades of white and grey punctuated by splashes of colour in the fabrics and artwork scattered throughout the villa, gives it a unique and refined character and style. Upon entering, one is greeted by the living area with kitchen. The living room is a contemporary open space with large comfortable sofas, a kitchen and dining area, with large windows looking out onto the outdoor terrace and wonderful views. In the corridor leading to the bedrooms is a small study area. Next are the two bathrooms, one with bath and one with shower, and the two bedrooms. One with a double bed and one with two single beds. Guests can enjoy the sea view from the bed thanks to the full-height windows of the two bedrooms. Ground floor: living/dining area with kitchen, small study area, sliding glass doors leading onto the terrace with the covered outdoor kitchen, the outdoor dining area and the small pool. One bathroom with bath and one bathroom with shower. One double bedroom with sliding glass doors opening onto the garden and one bedroom with twin beds.
Behind the dining area there is a small vegetable garden with herbs and seasonal vegetables available to guests with a small table and 4 chairs. Immediately around the house the terrace is partly lawn with a few olive trees for shade and partly paved.
The small pool measures 2.5m x 3m, is 1.5m deep and is set in a beautiful overhanging position on the side of the hill. The pool will be open from April 1st to October 31st.
Distances, amenities, sights and culture:
- Airport: Palermo 104 km, Catania 183 km
- Railway Station: Cefalù 6 km, Palermo 75 km
- Highways: Highway A20 exit Cefalù 10,6 km
- Services and shops: Sant'Ambrogio 7.5 km (by car) 2.5 km (on foot), Cefalù 6 km
- Beaches: Sant'Ambrogio 9 km (by car) 2 km (on foot), Settefrati beach 11 km, Pollina 14 km
- Parking: Covered parking for two cars 20 m from the gate. For closer access to the entrance, you can drive past the gate but be aware that you then have to back out.
- Access road: The last 10 metres is an unpaved road.
- Attractions within 100 km: Cefalù 6 km, Gibilmanna 14 km, Castelbuono 26 km, Gratteri 21 km, Castel di Tusa 27 km, Santo Stefano di Camastra 38 km, Madonie Nature Reserve 49 km, Petralia Soprana 80 km, Bagheria 61 km, Palermo 77 km, Petralia Sottana 81 km, Nebrodi Adventure Park 93 km
- Altitude: 96 slm
- smoking is not allowed
- pets allowed on request (please consult)
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- bed linen and towels
- final cleaning
- gas (for kitchen use)
- internet Wi-Fi connection
- pool and park maintenance
Facilities and services not included
- electricity : EUR 70/week in low season and May (06.01-25.05 / 28.09-21.12) - EUR 100/week in medium season (25.05-29.06 / 31.08-28.09) - EUR 150/week in high and peak season (29.06-31.08 / 21.12-04.01)
- tourist tax (where applicable)
- in case of non-disposal of urban waste, the extra payment of EUR 30.00 per week will be required at check-out
- extra cleaning when pets are present (EUR 30/pet/week)
- late check-in: arrival after 22.00 is possible as long as it has been agreed in advance. Please note: late arrival is subject to a fee of EUR15/h to a max of 3h.
Facilities and services at extra charge (on demand)
- extra cleaning (EUR 22/hour/cleaner)
- extra linen (EUR 15/person)
- heating (EUR 25/day)
- baby cot EUR 35/week
- high chair EUR 35/week
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 700,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.