Villa Acquamarina has direct access to the sea and is located within a 15-hectare private nature reserve. Surrounded by luxuriant vegetation characterised by Mediterranean pines, eucalyptus and maquis, the villa is situated in a dream location with spectacular views of the sea and the coast. It is the ideal place for those who love close contact with nature and the possibility of immersing themselves in the tranquillity of a magical place. A path leads from the house to a furnished pagoda facing the sea (equipped with a small refrigerator and an outdoor cold-water shower) ready for you to enjoy perfect days on the quiet sandy beach a few metres further down.
The spacious outdoor area features recycled wooden railway sleepers cut from hard African wood, also used for the various comfortable padded sofas inviting you to relax. From the private bio-designed lake/pond-style swimming pool, which blends perfectly with the colour of the landscape, you can admire a breath taking panorama while sipping a refreshing aperitif. Two covered terraces (one of them perfect for alfresco dining), a barbecue built with local stones and an outdoor hot water shower complete the outdoor facilities. The cosy interiors are elegantly furnished in a traditional style and the comfortable, simply designed bedrooms all have mosquito nets on the windows.
Note: The nature reserve is a park with free-roaming wildlife and other free-living animals such as donkeys (which are not dangerous) and cats. Safely fenced in at a certain distance are the owners' horses and at the boundary of the property there is also an aviary. It is recommended, out of respect for nature and the reserve itself, that the various gates be closed at all times.
A special tip: after a 30-minute walk along the beach, which leads you through the Belice nature reserve, you will reach one of the best restaurants in the nearby area: La Pineta in Marinella di Selinunte.
Interior of the villa
- living/dining room with television and air conditioning
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- SKY GO and cable television
- little hotel style safe
- kitchen with gas hob, gas oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer, toaster, juicer, hand blender, american coffee machine and water dispenser
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 1 bedroom with air conditioning, double bed (160x190 cm), television and en-suite bathroom
- 1 twin or double bedroom with air conditioning and television.The room has two single beds which can be put together to form a double bed (160x190 cm) or used as two single beds.
- 1 bedroom with air conditioning, double bed (150x190 cm) and television
- 1 en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower (shower cubicle), bidet, toilet and hairdryer
- 1 bathroom with single washbasin, shower, bidet, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of the villa
- large and enclosed plot
- private pool type: small artificial bio-design swimming lake (oval; 6x5m -1,5m deep). Chlorine purified (open all year round)
- lush garden with trees and garden furniture with sunbeds
- wine cellar (wine at extra cost)
- outdoor shower (warm water)
- external washing machine (in sheltered cabinet)
- outside sitting area and dining area
- 5 private parking spaces
Distances, amenities, sights and culture:
- direct access to the sandy beach 50 m (5 minute stroll down the path below the house)
- nearest supermarket: Menfi 13 km. During summertime: a small food shop at Porto Palo on the road to Menfi about 10 km away (open until 9pm)
- nearest town: Menfi 13 km
- shops and amenities: Menfi 13 km or Castelvetrano 18km
- nearest restaurants: Porto Palo 10 km (most of them are next to the beach), Menfi and the surrounding area (10-20mins drive). A special tip: "La Pineta" in Marinella di Selinunte is one of the best restaurants in the area. You can reach it after a 30-40 minute walk that takes you along the beach through the adjacent nature reserve to Marinella di Selinunte.
- "Settesoli Winery" in Menfi 13 km ("Cooperativa vini Menfi": where you can buy wine directly from the producer)
- Selinunte and Selinunte Archaeological Park: 12 km
- nearest little tourist harbour: Sciacca 30 km
- Sciacca: 30 km
- Mazara del Vallo: 38 km
- Agrigento: 88 km
- Trapani Airport: 80 km
- Palermo Airport: 105 km
- Catania Airport: 200 km
- smoking is not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- the accommodation is suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the villa
- internet (Wi-Fi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron
- bed linen and towels
- beach towels/pool towels
- children bed/cot (on demand)
- supply of biodegradable toilet paper
Facilities and services at extra charge
- maid service, cook service, possibility to rent bikes (delivered to the villa), possibility of on-site driver
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of € 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.